Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Mooncake Craze

Every mooncake festival, I look forward to new mooncake creations. Especially those snowskin mooncakes with chocolate truffles in it. I am not a fan of traditional baked mooncakes where there is a salted egg yolk centered in the lotus paste. I find them too sweet and boring. I love chocolates so naturally I love mooncakes with chocolates in it especially those filled with liquor.
I found one at Raffles Hotel and their signature champagne truffle mooncake is heaven. One bite of it sends me floating. Every single bite of this mooncake makes me very happy. Its too good to be shared! I can finish a box of 8 pieces in one go!! Sounds crazy but they are that good.

Why? First of all there's chocolates and I am a chocoholic lady who is addicted to chocolates and I love chocolates. Most of all, chocolates makes me happy. Even the sight and smell of chocolates makes me ecstatic.
The best part of this mooncake is the truffle which is centered with champagne as you can see from the photo. One bite of it, the champagne oozes out and slowly melts in your mouth. You will appreciate how well the champagne goes with the lotus paste.
The snowskin of the mooncake is soft and melts in your mouth. The texture is just perfect. Not too chewy and hard.
Everything about this champagne mooncake is divine!!! If you happen to be around Raffles Hotel, do try it. They are even giving out samples for you to taste. Taste them to understand what I meant. They are absolutely good for after dinner dessert.
                                                                                                                               

1 comment:

  1. Hai, how are you? i like to read your blog post.

    Cheers
    http://lyricangelvideoclips.blogspot.com/2010/10/carly-henley-youtube-star-original.html

    ReplyDelete