Thursday, October 14, 2010

Durain King

Since the previous durain mooncake did not satisfy my cravings I decided to explore other versions. During lunch, my friends were discussing which mooncakes were good and he mentioned Peony Jade durian mooncake was one of the best he has eaten. Since my cravings were calling me, I decided to give it a shot, .

The next day, I head over to Peony Jade restaurant to try these treat. The durain mooncake tasted fabulous. It is made out pure mao shan wang durain pulp. This definitely beats the taste of D24 durain puree I had previously. The durain pulp is encased in organic pandan snowskin so the skin tasted fragrant and  they blend well with the durain pulp. I had no regrets buying these. Why?

The skin melts in your mouth. The pulp has a luscious texture, like durian ice cream. Absolutely lovely! Its flavour is fantastic - rich with a hint of bitterness for kick and balance. Just what i was looking for. These decadent treat has satisfied my cravings.

Adding to this creation of durain mooncake, Poeny Jade created a golden phoneix butter cream durain in pearl powder snowskin mooncake. This treat boasts a filling made of golden phoneix durain and custard pearl powder in the skin. The pulp is creamy and smooth and the durain flavour packs a punch. However the snowskin is not as fragrant as the pandan snowskin. I still prefer the pandan version as the pandan blends well with the durain filling.

If you are a lover of this pungent fruit, try both of them. I am sure this duarin mooncake is a perfect excuse to indulge in yet more of the creamy luscious delicacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment