Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jewels Artisan Chocolates

It was a hectic morning at work and I was feeling peckish. I decided to treat myself to some chocolates. Remember, the salted caramel chocolate mooncake from Jewels I had previously. I love their truffles and was craving for them. I was even thinking about them during work so I decided to head there during lunch.

This time, I brought my friend along to prevent myself from buying the whole range of chocolates available. As  you know I am a chocoholic and I cannot resist my temptation for good chocolates.I decided to be disciplined today and get 3. Why 3? Oh well, I decided not to be so greedy this afternoon. Otherwise I would be feeling the sugar rush in the afternoon. I think 3 was a decent treat for myself.

When I was at Jewels, I was tempted with the array of chocolates on display. Luckily, my friend accompanied me. If not, I would purchase more than 3 chocolates and probably a box back. The chocolates at Jewels were very tempting. Probably, I was really hungry, the sight of these handcraft gems tantalize my my senses and has charm my eyes. It sure made me an excitable lady!

I had a hard time choosing and with my friend's help, I decided on Chrysolite, Cornelian and Kyanite. I can't wait to savour them immediately. Of course, I ate them immediately after my purchase.

Chrysolite (the front white truffle) is actually a champagne truffle, made from fresh cream and dark chocolate dipped in white chocolate.
I was craving for the champagne truffle mooncake I had preciously so I chose this. This was good because the champagne in the truffle was generous and it was oozing out from my mouth as I pop this truffle in.

Next, I tried the Cornelian ( the top left brown truffle). Its a caramel ganache coated with dark chocolate topped with caramel nibs. As you know, I love salted caramel, so I decided to give this version a shot although the caramel is not salted. Surprisingly, the caramel truffle was too sweet and it has a nice crunch to it as you bite the caramel nibs. However I think I still like salted caramel better as the salty-sweet pairing excites my taste bud.

Lastly, I had the Kyanite ( the top right white truffle with dark chocolate dirzzle). This is so divine and its my favourite among all. Its a melting pot of pandan, coconut and white chocolate. Jewels has expertly melded exotic Asian ingredients into their chocolates. This version reminds me of kaya toast we have in the morning. Kyanite taste almost like that except there was no toast. It was decadent and definitely excites my taste bud for the day. I am going back for more!!!

I definitely enjoyed my little treat during lunch. It was a journey of decadence. I am fully pump up for work now. My taste buds and eyes has been charmed and excited by the tantalizingly chocolates at Jewels. I can't wait to grab more of these gems after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment